Advantages of wood doors:
- Visual appeal
- A wide array of custom colors and designs
- Wood is a natural insulator
- It is a renewable building material
- Less prone to condensation
- Can be finished to protect against deterioration
- Generally unaffected by temperature extremes
Other considerations with wood doors:
- Wood doors tend to be the most expensive
- They require regular maintenance
- They are susceptible to warping and checking
- Wood entry doors should always have an overhang to protect them from the direct sun and weather
- Entry doors typically carry a 1-year warranty. Other types of wood doors usually carry a 20-year warranty on parts and hardware and 10 years on insulated glass.
Wood doors can add a touch of elegance to any home. They come in a variety of wood types – oak, cherry, pine, fir, etc. – and can be stained or painted any number of colors. Wood doors can either be solid wood or wood veneer over an engineered wood core. Which you choose depends on where the door is located and how it will be used. For example, entry doors are usually solid wood. If the door is exposed to sun and rain, however, it could warp or deteriorate more quickly than another type of door.You can select wood doors in most styles: exterior, French, sliding and interior.Talk to one of our specialists to make sure you are choosing the right replacement doors for your home and budget.
Manufacturers of Wood Doors